The Adolescent and Family Division for CVSAS offers a variety of services for adolescents age 13 to 18.
Screening and Assessment:
Clinical assessment services incorporate clinical tools such as the Global Assessment of Individual Needs – Quick Version (GAIN – Q), interviewing the adolescent and, when possible, collateral information from family, schools and others involved with the youth. Once a determination has been made the youth is then referred to the appropriate level of care.
- Must meet the outpatient level of care as determined by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Placement Criteria
- Must be 13 year of age or older
- Those between the ages of 13-18 are allowed by federal regulation to be admitted to our outpatient program if they wish to receive help for their own substance abuse problem
- Children under the age of 13 must have parental consent to obtain treatment
- Must have a substance abuse/dependence diagnosis
- Total abstinence
- Meeting the objectives outlined in the Individualized Plan of Care
- Completion of Harm Reduction/Relapse Prevention Plan
Adolescent and Family Services