The CVSAS Basic Skills group is a four-week therapist led group designed to provide individuals new to treatment with an opportunity to learn about substance abuse and dependence. Group members receive drug testing and information on self-help groups and/or other community supports.
- Must meet the outpatient level of care as determined by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Placement Criteria
- Must have a substance abuse/dependence diagnosis
- Total abstinence while in treatment
- Meeting the objectives outlined in client’s Individualized Plan of Care
- Completion of Harm Reduction/Relapse Prevention Plan