The goal of our Sober Skills group is to enhance relapse prevention skills and broaden understanding of recovery as a lifestyle change. The groups meet once per week utilizing a combination of supportive group therapy and relapse prevention or recovery training. Group members receive drug testing and referrals to self-help groups and/or other community supports to assist sobriety.
- Must meet the outpatient level of care as determined by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) Placement Criteria
- Must have a substance abuse/dependence diagnosis
- Total abstinence
- Meeting the objectives outlined in client’s Individualized Plan of Care
- Completion of self-help/support attendance log
- Completion of Harm Reduction/Relapse Prevention Plan